[PLUG] SpamCannibal...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Sep 11 09:04:33 UTC 2010

I'm wondering how exactly this tarpit implementation is supposed to
work???

I have MailFilter installed and it appears to be working with postfix as
the MTA.  I also have clamav and spamassassin installed and they seem to
be working.  Now in theory, I should be able to build a blacklist or
import blacklists for spamcannibal to be able to know when to tarpit
someone.  So far, I've turned the queue rule off as that is clearly
dropping emails silently.  I'm not sure if I need an iptables queue
rule.

Michael Robinton's instructions at http://www.spamcannibal.org have a
lot to be desired.  There seems to be no troubleshooting advice.
Perhaps someone has set this up on their own mail server?