[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 Display Issue

frank hunt fh-linux at frankhunt.com
Sat Sep 11 14:53:12 UTC 2010

Running 10.04.1 LTS on a Compaq 505b with GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
on-board graphics controller. Per the documentation monitor and
controller are capable of 1680x1050 but if I set resolution greater than
1440x900 and reboot the system comes up in command line mode. Xorg logs
show "Fatal server error:no screens found". Probably a driver issue -
anyone got any ideas?  I have tried nvidia driver ver 96, 173 and
"current" via System>Administration>Hardware Drivers.

--
frank hunt
(L0F) R0B-ZAR1