[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 Display Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 11 17:15:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010, frank hunt wrote:

> Not to throw rocks, but how come Micro$oft gets it right about 99% of the
> time?

   Probably because they and the hardware manufacturers/vendors are together
in bed to ensure displays work with the software ... as long as you buy new
hardware, of course.

> Maybe I need more coffee. Then I'll watch my friend play his match at the
> US Open.

   There you go: that's a plan.

   Two golf shops in Gresham have gone into the bunkers and disappeared in the
past few months. One had been at the corner of Burnside and Division for as
long as I've lived out here (17 years now), the other was relatively new
with the development of Burnside around Civic Drive (the latter sounding
more like a politician's promise than a street name, but what do I know?).
That's too bad, even though I don't golf.

   More coffee is always good.