[PLUG] Network install to K6-2...

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:41:03 UTC 2010

 On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Michael C. Robinson <
plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I want to network install either CentOS 5.x or Fedora 12 to a K6-2 500.
> I try the standard kernel and initrd and get PXE working okay, but then
> I get an error about not supporting the CMOV instruction.  How do I
> replace the kernel with a K6-2 500 compatible kernel and initrd?  Do
> I just replace the kernel?  Where can I get the configuration of the
> standard installation kernel?
>

>From the horse's mouth so to speak:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/12/html/Release_Notes/index.html#sect-Release_Notes-Hardware_Requirements

"Fedora 12 requires an Intel Pentium Pro or better processor, and is
optimized for i686 and later processors. "

Fedora 12 (and possibly earlier ones) has ditched compatibility with i586
and earlier architectures in the default kernel.