[PLUG] Where To Install PHP PostgreSQL Driver?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 26 15:46:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Michael Ewan wrote:

> I'm not familiar with that particular CMS, but the driver would go
> somewhere that Apache can find it. The css would need to go where the CMS
> can find it. Is there a search path configuration for CMSmadesimple? Have
> you considered Drupal instead, very easy to install and supports
> PostgreSQL out of the box.

Michael,

   First, I don't need that ancient pair of files; I need to re-complile PHP
with postgres support.

   Second, I was going to use drupal but it's inappropriate for our needs.
That is a good tool for sites heavy on user contributions, frequent changes
(e.g., news, shopping), and with hundreds to thousands of pages. It's not
the right CMS for a professional services firm whose Web site is essentially
a digital brochure.

Thanks,