[PLUG] Virtualbox on Ubuntu 10.04 - Win98 Guest Additions

mneal at pcc.edu mneal at pcc.edu
Sun Apr 3 22:45:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

>From the VirtualBox users forum, "Tutorial: Windows 95/98 guest OSes"
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=9918

Hope that helps.
Mike

----- Original Message -----From: "Richard C. Steffens" Date: Saturday, April 2,
2011 3:43 pmSubject: [PLUG] Virtualbox on Ubuntu 10.04 - Win98 Guest
AdditionsTo: PLUG List > I still have a couple of Win98 programs that I use from
time to > time. > I'd like to be able to run them on a virtual machine on my
Linux > machine. To that end I installed the .deb package for VirtualBox > from
> Oracle, and successfully created a virtual Win98 machine. The > base > machine
only supports 16 colors at 640 x 480. To get better > resolution > and take
advantage of some optimization one must next implement > "Guest > Additions."
Unfortunately, support is not provided for Win98 (or > 95 or > ME). Two
alternatives are mentioned (that I've found through > Google). > One is a
commercial product for about $40. The other is free, > but I > don't find clear
instructions on how to use it.> > http://bearwindows.boot-land.net/vbe9x.htm> >
Is anyone on the list using VirtualBox to run Win98? And can you > point > me to
clearer instructions on how to use the vbemp drivers?> > Thanks.> > -- >