[PLUG] Buying laptop? Buy another hard drive

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Mon Apr 4 22:42:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 01:53:59PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    Dell has a linux group pretty well hidden in the company, but they have a
> linux based firmware tool kit. Currently only the BIOS is upgradable, but

I'm looking for a good Dell LT, but when I asked them for a no o/s or Linux
they wouldn't sell me one. If fact, the sales 'droid I talked to said they only
sell them with Windows so they could "...be sure it's working right."

Is there secret phone number that would connect me to their skunk works so
I can get a laptop with Linux on it? Seems that the Windows sales reps
there don't know about Linux, and claimed it didn't exist.

But I might just try Keith's idea, too.

Cheers,

- Bill Thoen