[PLUG] The Future of Broadband in Portland

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Apr 5 22:09:08 UTC 2011

>>>>> "glen" == glen e p ropella <gepr at tempusdictum.com> writes:

glen> Russell Senior wrote at 03/31/2011 11:40 AM:
>> I want to alert the PLUG community, particularly those that work or
>> live in the City of Portland and want fiber someday, to a series of
>> public meetings to discuss a Broadband Strategic Plan that the City
>> is working on.  I served on a working group to help with the
>> process.  I am not sure of the meeting schedule yet, but back in
>> January the plan was to have the hearings in April and a council
>> vote on a finalized Plan in June.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you live in Portland, want fiber someday, and don't want to be
>> perpetually screwed, I urge you to write, attend these meetings,
>> and make your voice heard.

glen> Is a regular poll of this page the best way to stay aware?

glen>    http://www.portlandonline.com/cable/index.cfm?c=54013

glen> Or is there some other, better, more _pushy_ method for keeping
glen> myself aware?

We managed to get our portlandfiber.com blog back into operation:

  http://www.portlandfiber.com/feed/

The longer version of my argument is here:

  http://www.portlandfiber.com/2011/03/google-fiber-in-portland-is-dead-long-live-portland-fiber-instead/

Mary Beth says the public meeting schedule has slipped a little due to
a bureau shuffle at city council a month or two ago, so they probably
won't be held earlier than the second half of April, maybe later.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net