[PLUG] Web site

Marvin Kosmal mkosmal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:50:22 UTC 2011

On 4/7/11, Tim <tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org> wrote:
>> > I can't find .htaccess in root path..
>>
>> Marvin,
>>
>>    Create it. Any text editor, or cat, will do the job.
>

> I actually recommend against using .htaccess files for most sites,
> unless you have very specific requirements about allowing lots of less
> privileged users directly edit your web root settings.  (It is rare
> that you can't accomplish all the same things without .htaccess.)
>
> In order to interpret .htaccess files, Apache needs to traverse every
> single parent and ancestor directory of every document accessed to
> check to see if the config file exists and if its settings have
> changed.  In addition, .htaccess files can be a source of security
> issues.
>
> Marvin, once you get things working, consider moving those .htaccess
> settings back into the vhost config, and then disable AllowOverride
> (the setting which allows .htaccess files to work) entirely.
>
> Good luck,
> tim

Tim

I am quickly running into a brick wall..  I did create this file and
it didn't help..

I posted my config file yesterday......  Which I cleaned up and
doesn't even have the old web site that still comes up..

I cleaned my history on my browser....

I may just try a different browser and see what that does...  In case
firefox has this stored somewhere that history doesn't get?

Thanks

Marvin