[PLUG] Identifying Cause of httpd 404: Page Not Found Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 13 13:10:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011, Ken Stephens wrote:

> Double check your web server configuration.  Some distributions have the
> DocumentRoot /srv/www, others /var/www/htdocs, even others have it at
> /srv/www/html.

Ken,

   I've traced the problem to the ErrorHandler404() function in
misc.functions.php. However, I cannot find where control is passed to the
error handler for bailing out of the application.

   Looking at the on-line PHP manual I discovered a function called
debug_print_traceback() but inserting it at the top of ErrorHandler404()
does nothing visible. Sigh.

   I signed up on the php-general mail list but so far have not received any
pointers on how to use that function (or a better one) to learn where the
startup is going wrong.

Thanks,