[PLUG] Open S0urce accounting

mhewan1 at comcast.net mhewan1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 02:26:59 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick J. Timlick" <p.j.timlick at ieee.org>
To: "General Linux/UNIX discussion and help, civil and on-topic" <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2011 2:29:49 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Open S0urce accounting

I repeat the helpful answer from Rich to my similar question asked about a
year ago (below).  For my business, I'm using gnucash with some success, it
is fast and reliable, but invoicing is awkward and I haven't gotten bank
transaction downloads to work. (How well does LedgerSMB work for those tasks
Rich?).

I gave up on LedgerSMB, when I needed to create the chart of accounts for my
company.  Seemed like there should have been an example I could tweak, but I
didn't find it.

Good Luck.  Please let us know where your journey ends...

-- Pat

> On Thu, 20 May 2010, Patrick J. Timlick wrote:

I came across this the other day, however I have not had the time to install and test it.
http://www.openerp.com.  They use a modular approach and one of the modules is accounting.
Seems like something that might work for a SMB.