[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: PLUG Advanced Topics IPv6 Networking Part 1

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Apr 19 20:19:41 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

Russell> https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html

Russell> Woohoo, "Community Networks" get a mention in 2.11 and special
Russell> allocation rules in 6.5.9.

And I already have five personal /48's, and one /48 for my company.

Seriously, there's enough space to give every *individual* who will
likely ever need more than one segment their own /56 (for 65536
segments :), and they're still handing out /48's left and right.

I suspect broadband-to-home will be handing out /56 by default, and
it'll be trivial for Portland Telco to get a /48, so that they can
allocate /56's to each of *their* end nodes for multi-segments.