[PLUG] Problems with Virtual Box

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Apr 20 20:49:52 UTC 2011

Have people had problems with Virtual Box on openSuSE or other Linux?
Or have I simply screwed something up with my particular installation
of Virtual Box?

I originally used Virtual Box with Windows 7 as the host OS and was
able to install and run most any OS I wanted including openSuSE,
Fedora, Ubuntu, several different versions of Knoppix, PC-BSD, and
openSolaris with few problems.

Now that I'm using openSuSE 11.3 as the host OS, I have been able to
install a good working version of Windows XP, but seem to have major
problems installing and running other OSs.  I may have been successful
with Ubuntu, and haven't tried openSuSE or Fedora; but have major
problems using Knoppix and PC-BSD.

Are problems like this common with virtual box in Linux?

I'm short on time and almost ready to go back to VM-Ware server which
has served me well over the years.

David Mandel