[PLUG] Need DLL help to get a Windows program working with WINE

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Fri Apr 22 16:25:32 UTC 2011

> What I don't know is how to figure out what DLLs are used by this
> Windows piece of (@!#t) software. Or perhaps there's some standard
> setting with winetricks that can help.

You might be able to get the list by running:
  objdump -x myprog.exe

Alternatively, if you run the program under a debugger in windows
(free/easy: ollydbg) you should be able to see all of the executable
modules (dlls, exes) loaded.  I'm sure there are easier ways in
Windows, but I haven't done serious Win dev in a long time.

tim