[PLUG] Apache or PHP configuration problem

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 04:55:30 UTC 2011

Regarding the problem of web pages that work on my Linux install of
Apache and php, but not on my XP install of Apache and php:

It was too nice a day to be indoors, so I didn't get to do any testing
until this evening.

I created simple files with a line of text and an image. I found that I
can display images as plain html files, or from php files served by
Apache on my XP installation. I can also introduce css. All I did for
that was to create a style to set the background of the body. I applied
it to an html file, and to my index.php file. The background changed on
both of them.

So, from that it appears that Apache and php are working.

Next question: is there a "strict" kind of setting in Apache? I wonder
if the site that works on my Linux machine and also when served from
SpiritOne's server is somehow not "strict" and that I have errors that
don't show up there, but show up on my fresh XP installation of Apache
and php. Also, I'm guessing that apache is where the problem lies, and I
probably don't have a problem with php.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens