[PLUG] Favorite Linux Netbook specific distro?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:57:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Jeffery Alan Mathis II
<jamathis79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I no longer have a netbook, but when I did I tried several distros on it
> (Asus eeePC 701).  The ones that ran best were Cruncheee, Puppeee,
> Salix, Peppermint, and Linux Mint XFCE edition.

I've been mulling the decision on a netbook ever since the first eee
pc came out. What I really want is a true hand-held computing device
like that of the Nokia N810 or the Toshiba Libretto W100
(http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/libretto), which had really
great promise I thought, especially the 3G or WiMax versions. But UMPC
/ MID devices are 3 to 4 times
the price of most netbooks. IMHO, a 4" Android phone is just a bit too
small and battery life too short for true mobile computing and 10"
netbooks are still a bit too big and heavy to carry around, use in
your hands and for phone calls. <sigh>