[PLUG] Natty is here

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:10:28 UTC 2011

> I wonder how much different the reactions would be if you took a
> similar group and gave them a Gnome desktop, or KDE, or whatever.
>
> I suspect the results would be about the same, but it would be
> interesting to see an experiment.

Probably. We all work differently in a UI that gives us that option. I
didn't like really like the Linux UI
on the first few distros I tried as it was Gnome. Then when I started
running the KDE versions of distros, I stopped using MS Win.
So a lot of it is just personal preference in how the UI feels to you
and how you move about and do things in it.

There are people out there who just want a window manager. I tried it
a few times and it was okay, but after a few days I went back
to KDE. And I honestly don't do anything to the default KDE. I just
install the distro and start using it. Maybe that's why I like it so
much.
I'm not a hot-key guy and I still like my trackball.