[PLUG] linux+ certification

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Wed Aug 3 16:31:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 10:38 -0700, jen montserrat wrote:
> Anyone have any good recommendations on study materials for the Linux+
> certification?  I browsed through the available materials on Amazon, but
> Amazon appears to recycle user reviews for available materials so it is
> nearly impossible to tell for sure if the reviews one is reading even
> applies to the book being viewed.
>
> Budget is of concern so any expensive classroom oriented training is out of
> the question.

Dear Jen,

Nathan is correct. In addition to the IBM training materials, any book
that covers the LPIC-1 level certs should help you pass the two exams
associated with the Linux+ exam.

(shameless self-promoting plug -- I've written one of those books,
http://www.amazon.com/LPIC-1-Depth-Michael-Jang/dp/1598639676 )

Just be aware, a good percentage of the exam questions are "fill in the
blank." In other words, you should be prepared to answer questions by
typing in the names of typical Linux commands and files, such as those
listed in the exam objectives.

Thanks,
Mike