[PLUG] Blu-Ray nonsense...

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Thu Aug 4 02:08:16 UTC 2011

Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 09:33 -0700, Russell Johnson wrote:
>
>> Please allow this off topic thread to die on plug talk.
>>
>> On Aug 2, 2011, at 11:31 PM, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
>>

>>> People rip Blu-Ray discs, encrypted or not, all the time.
>>>
> What makes talking about what people need to do to put videos on the
> hard drive of their Linux media server off topic on a Linux list???
>
> What makes talking about having access to media from Linux in general
> off topic on a Linux mailing list???
>
> This isn't off topic and it doesn't belong on that unfriendly rag called
> plug-talk.

Michael C Robinson
I have not contributed to this thread earlier because it isn't really of
any interest to me, but your latest question is.
(a) the technical aspect of your quest is on topic (in my opinion)
(b) the legal aspect of your quest belongs, possibly on plug-talk,
probably in a lawyer's office (again, in my opinion)
I should venture to suggest that few on this list are legal experts, and
it would be inappropriate, possibly even deemed as entrapment, to
solicit legal opinions on this list.  Possibly no legal professional
would care to express an opinion here, on the matter, either.
While I may or may not sympathize with your predicament and your quest,
that would be all that I would be interested in saying.
Regards
Fred James