[PLUG] Solaris Mailing List Resources, Long Term Future, etc.

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Thu Aug 4 03:48:46 UTC 2011

Folks,

I've been experimenting with Solaris 11 Express lately, and would
appreciate suggestions on mailing lists that anyone here has found
useful.

If anyone has any thoughts about Solaris long term v. Linux, I'd also be
interested in that. Seems to me that Linux has some work to do to get to
Solaris levels in some areas like trusted extensions, self-healing,
etc.

Five or ten years ago, I would have thought that Linux would have left
Solaris in the dust by now. And yet we're about to see a completely new
Solaris release (the speculation I've heard is "Solaris 11 by
11/11/11").

If people feel this is more appropriate for plug-talk, I'll willingly
move this discussion there.

Thanks,
Mike