[PLUG] Faces and threads

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Thu Aug 4 04:42:06 UTC 2011

Carlos:
I know nothing about Java, but I just finished learning a bit about
writing POSIX threads in a C program.

I wanted my threads to execute concurrently with the process that
spawned them.

To make the CPU cores available for other threads and processes, I
wanted my threads to terminate when their tasks were done but be
recreated again (thousands of times) when needed.

If the Java threads interface that you will be using is POSIX compliant
and if this is something like what you need to, I can show you what I
did. I'll also be at the PLUG meeting tomorrow evening.
Wayne