[PLUG] Why Laptop Cannot Find Wireless Networks

Dave Johnson kilborndj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 21:32:37 UTC 2011

The lobby does have a stronger signal than surgery room.  Why you wouldn't
be able to connect would just be strange.

They can't tell the OS, I was being sarcastic...sorry.

Maybe there might be something wrong with your wifi-manager.
"wicd-client" is @ version 1.7.0 according to their website.  Do you have
the latest version.

According to this post, reinstalling the OS seems to have fixed it.
Not a lot of info, but it might lead us into the right direction.  I think
his version was 1.66.xx or something.
http://wicd.net/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=745

~Ciao~