[PLUG] Transferring Data from SD card [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 8 13:06:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011, Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wrote:

> So does this mean that everything is great?

Wayne,

   Great? I don't know. It works.

> Are you happy with /dev/sdb1 mounted on /mnt/zip?

   Sure. There are two USB ports on the front of my server/workstation. One
sees devices as /dev/sdb, the other as /dev/sdb1. So I use existing mount
points (/mnt/zip, /mount/hd) that are otherwise not used when I need more
than /mnt/thumb. These mount points are assigned to devices in /etc/fstab.

   Yesterday I mis-read /var/log/messages. I should have looked more closely
before writing as it was all user error.