[PLUG] AMD HD5450 Catalyst driver...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Aug 9 22:39:41 UTC 2011

There seems to be no overscan correction available.

I'm running the latest Catalyst driver:

ati-driver-installer-11-7-x86.x86_64.run

The driver works great on CentOS, must be the fact that the X
implementation is older.

The Hitachi Ultravision doesn't seem to have built in overscan
correction either.  I'm on a rear projection HDTV.  Anyone know
where overscan correction is buried in catalyst control panel?
Barring that, is there a way to fix this manually?

I'm running 1920x1080, there is overlap on the top and bottom and on the
sides.

The GT220 Nvidia card I was using is bad and needs to go back for
replacement.  I assume the screen should look decent at POST and that
junk suggests a damaged video card.