[PLUG] Parsing images simple images

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Aug 13 09:38:20 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Ellefson <scellef at gmail.com> writes:

Sean> Hey guys, I had this idea for a silly little script that would
Sean> parse through a simple png or something similar and be able to
Sean> read the color for each pixel.  Basically, what I want to do is
Sean> translate each pixel of the image into an ansi color code and a
Sean> couple of spaces for the purpose of printing it out to a
Sean> terminal.  Are there any utilities or libraries you all know
Sean> about that might be able to do something like this?

convert (from imagemagick) can do something like that.  I've forgotten
the actual incantation, but I've done it before.  The manpage or
google should help.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net