[PLUG] Parsing images simple images

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Aug 13 10:37:32 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Ellefson <scellef at gmail.com> writes:
Sean> Hey guys, I had this idea for a silly little script that would
Sean> parse through a simple png or something similar and be able to
Sean> read the color for each pixel.  Basically, what I want to do is
Sean> translate each pixel of the image into an ansi color code and a
Sean> couple of spaces for the purpose of printing it out to a
Sean> terminal.  Are there any utilities or libraries you all know
Sean> about that might be able to do something like this?

Russell> convert (from imagemagick) can do something like that.  I've
Russell> forgotten the actual incantation, but I've done it before.
Russell> The manpage or google should help.

$ convert foo.png foo.txt

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net