[PLUG] Preferred rackmount server brands?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Mon Aug 15 20:17:53 UTC 2011

plugng3 at martinconsulting.com wrote:
> I need to buy a new rackmount server to run Linux.  I want to stay away from
> vendors who use proprietary hardware with difficult-to-find Linux drivers
> (e.g. Dell, at least in the past).  What brands do the fine folks at PLUG
> think I should consider?

pogolinux?

Last time I looked they were using Super Micro MB.  But most importantly
they test everything before shipping it out.

Several years ago I ordered a rack mount but wanted a battery backed
RAID controller that was a newer version than they offered off their web
site.  They ordered, installed and tested it to make sure it worked with
everything else including CentOS as the OS.

Rod