[PLUG] One-liners to empty all files in a directory?

Jameson Williams jameson.h.williams at intel.com
Thu Aug 18 20:42:39 UTC 2011

On 08/18/2011 12:38 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:33:09AM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> If you're on google-plus, this particular rant of mine inspired one of
>> the longest threads I've seen on G+:
>>
>>      https://plus.google.com/105487854388646525021/posts/JCRge81VRS8
> Link to or cite a couple of examples of why gnutils are crappy please.
> just calling them so don't educate nobody.
In as far as I can tell, Randal doesn't like GNU because it breaks
interoperability with UNIX/POSIX, e.g. GNU Make vs. BSD Make? Seems a
silly flame war to me, but my +1 for GNU are several fold: (1)
GPL/copy-left; (2) larger % of user installations make GNU the defacto
standard; (3) personal preference for GNU enhancements (viz: BSD Make suxz.)