[PLUG] A Hardware Question [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 22 12:55:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Galen Seitz wrote:

> If your machine has a DVI output, I'd recommend switching to that. When
> you use VGA with an LCD, you're adding two extra stages of signal
> processing that is unnecessary.  With VGA, your video card converts pixels
> into three analog outputs, and the display turns right around and converts
> the analog signals back to pixels.  A DVI connection sends pixels straight
> to the display.

   Thank you, Galen. I believe there is DVI output. Is there anything in
/proc or dmsg that will confirm that?

   I'll buy a DVI cable at ENU and reconnect the monitor.

   Late yesterday afternoon it came up with a new annoyance. When I log in I
see a blank screen, apparently because the text that is normally displayed
on the console is off the top. Feh!