[PLUG] A Hardware Question [RESOLVED]

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:46:57 UTC 2011

Rich,
 A couple of quick questions about your Acer monitor..
 * You said that it just wouldn't turn on... does this mean that the power
indicator light did not come on or there was no display?
 * Were there any symptoms prior to it dieing?

It is unusual for a monitor to just up and die with no warning.  It is
possible that it can be repaired quickly and cheaply (possible that it is a
power supply or even just a fuse).
On the 29th at 7PM is the next DorkbotPDX meeting at Backspace in portland.
If you let me know you are coming, I am sure myself or a dozen or so others,
would be willing to troubleshoot/repair it for you.
If you cannot make it to the Dorkbot meeting, contact me off list and I'll
arrange to take a look at it when I can.

Jason