[PLUG] Personal Telco is doing a PC Engines group order, anybody interested?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Aug 25 00:26:48 UTC 2011

We need to replace some devices that we sold to a local nerd last
winter, and also I'd like to get a spare Alix for myself.  I order
directly from Zurich, which is cheap on parts but expensive on
shipping.  Amortizing across a larger order should help mitigate the
shipping costs a bit.  In the past, we've seen shipping times of about
10 days.

Unless someone pipes up to say that we should really float the order
costs and collect at delivery, as in normal Dorkbot group orders, I
think Personal Telco would want the funds in advance of ordering.

If there is something you see at: http://pcengines.ch/order1.php?c=4
that you'd like, please email me and I'll add it to the wiki page
here:

  http://wiki.personaltelco.net/PCEnginesGroupOrder2011

They have particularly attractive prices on RF pigtails, wifi radios, and
little antennas compared to what I've seen from US retailers.

Keith Lofstrom raves about the Alix he has, and we've had good
experience with them at Personal Telco.  I'm using one right now as my
gateway router at home with OpenWrt.  I have another one that I used
to build a wifi mapping box for the car, with built-in audio and video
(http://pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htl ... currently out of stock, boo).
Turns out, Compact Flash is much faster than 12Mbps usb-storage.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net