[PLUG] Default password for phpMyAdmin? was Test.

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 21:41:02 UTC 2011

Okay. The test made it though. I'll try the real question again, but
this time I'll obfuscate the part that looks like it might cause a problem.

Using Synaptic I have installed mySQL, suPHP, and phpMyAdmin on my
laptop (Ubuntu 10.04). Navigating to localhost/phpmyadmin gives me the
phpMyadmin login page. From my reading I assumed that there would be a
user named root and that the default password would be blank. However
when I try to log in I get an error message that says, "Login without a
password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)".
Googling, I found:

Edit the file config.inc.php, search and uncomment this line:
<obfuscation>

slash slash space dollarcfg]'Servers'][dollari]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;

I tried that, and restarted Apache. But I still get the error message
about login without a password is forbidden by configuration.

Is there some step that I missed?

TIA

--
Regards,