[PLUG] Firefox 8.0 and Claws Mail

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Tue Dec 6 17:19:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:17:53 -0800
> Bruce Kilpatrick <kd7vvk at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >In Firefox, Edit->Preferences->Applications->mailto
>
> That's what I tried to do, but it's broken.
>
> It is set to Evolution (default). Clicking on the drop-down I can
> select "Other," which opens up a file browser window. I can go to
> ~/.local/share/applications and select claws-mail.desktop or
> to /usr/share/applications and select claws-mail.desktop, but neither
> one will appear in place of Evolution.

Usually an application drop-down like is expecting you to enter the path to
the application binary. I suspect
/usr/share/applications/claws-mail.desktop is not the binary for
claws-mail.  You can find the correct path using whereis.
whereis claws-mail  (if that is the correct name of the binary?)

Bill