[PLUG] watching two videos under ubuntu 10.04

Victor Soich vsoich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:46:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

A friend of mine burned two videos onto a DVD for me.  My friend is
not into linux.  These are the files on the DVD

There is a folder that is entitled "VIDEO_TS"

In the folder are the following files...

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB

I am using Totem Movie Player 2.30.2 Movie Player using GStreamer 0.10.28

When I open the DVD with the Movie Player, I get a request to search
for a suitable plugin.  A search commences for a - DVD subpicture
decoder.  A result returns that says

No packages with the requested plugins found
The requested plugins are:

DVD subpicture decoder

After the failed search for the plugin, the first of two movies
starts.  I can watch it just fine.  I just cant' find the second
movie, no matter what I click on.

Also, when I put this DVD into my old DVD player hooked up to my TV,
nothing ever happens, let alone watching the first movie.

I presume there are actually two movies on my DVD, and that the
software can only access one.  What do I have to do?

Sincerely,
Victor Soich