[PLUG] RESOLVED: Can't reply or compose in Thunderbird

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 01:19:53 UTC 2011

On 12/09/2011 04:22 PM, Rogan Creswick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM,<rsteff at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> Any ideas where to start figuring this out?
>>
> I would start by disabling any add-ons you have installed and
> restarting tbird.  (Tools ->  Add-Ons)

Thanks for the thought. I don't have any add-ons.

I decided to back up my t-bird profile and try reinstalling t-bird. That
worked. Then I went back to the first e-mail I got this morning.
Something in that e-mail causes the problem. I repeated the reinstall
process and got the same result. Before reinstalling a third time I
deleted the errant e-mail. The third reinstall worked, too.

The cause of the problem is now gone. I don't know what it was about
that e-mail that caused the problem. It was a forward that included an
image in the forwarded message. I have no idea if that mattered. I'm not
going to lose any sleep over it. It was easy to fix, and I didn't need
to restore my profile -- the reinstall kept the old one.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens