[PLUG] CD/DVD internal drive recommendations

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 00:30:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:05:28 -0800
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Denis Heidtmann
><denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Is there anything to watch for in a CD/DVD burner?  Brands?  My
>> LiteOn is on the way out, so a replacement is in order.  How about a
>> local source?

Negatory on the LG brand. I have two in my desktop. They read and write
OK most times, that is, if you can get the drawer shut.

I seem to remember that LG was formed when "L" (forgot the name, a
Korean electronics manufacturer) bought out Goldmark, a Korean
manufacturer of schlock electronic knock-offs. Some of their stuff is
OK, if you consider average acceptable. They actually do pretty well in
some areas, like phones. But stay away from their optical drives.