[PLUG] CD/DVD internal drive recommendations

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Wed Dec 14 18:15:06 UTC 2011

On Dec 13, 2011, at 11:01 PM, Neal wrote:

>> Negatory on the LG brand. I have two in my desktop. They read and write
>> OK most times, that is, if you can get the drawer shut.
>>
>> I seem to remember that LG was formed when "L" (forgot the name, a
>> Korean electronics manufacturer) bought out Goldmark, a Korean
>
> I dunno about their quality but I believe it was Goldstar that Lucky bought.
>
> They seem to have at least some cred in the flat screen TV domain.

I haven't had a desktop unit in about 5 years, but the last time I built one, the absolutely best optical drive was a Plextor. Since those are typically priced at a premium, I've purchased others for my own use, including three very good LGs, one of which is a CD-R/DVD+-R/BD/HDDVD drive in my multimedia PC.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net