[PLUG] xkcd1k for plug general meeting January 5, maybe?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Dec 22 02:58:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:28:40AM -0800, David Mandel wrote:
> I must say, I do find the idea interesting.
> What do others think?

BTW, some point out that #1000 will not be the 1000'th strip,
there are a few extras and gaps over the years.  The #1000
nomenclature is an enumeration, not a count.  So there ...

Randall Munroe is a trickster, so I'm guessing that strip #0999
will be followed by strip #1025, which will show the black hat
guy and Pope Gregory (run "cal 9 1752") burning strips #1000
through #1024, sidestepping the issue of whether 1k is the
binary or the decimal kilo.  If Munroe doesn't draw it, I will...

Keith