[PLUG] Emacs: Save Buffer By Appending to Existing File

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 28 17:44:59 UTC 2011

   Now and then R gets high-centered and really stuck, so I shut down emacs
and start again. While R saves my work in .Rhistory, I regularly save the
buffer contents in daily files; e.g., 2011-12-28.R. My problem is how to
save new work to that same file (by appending to it) rather than overwriting
it when I press C-x c-s.

   My Google searches and reading of emacs manuals did not reveal to me how
to to a buffer save appending to an existing file on disk. A clue stick
would be very helpful.