[PLUG] NX and shared clipboard

Daniel M. Head dmhead01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 00:34:57 UTC 2011

Greetings friends!

I've put the OpenVPN issue on the back burner, at least for today, so I
could get some work actually completed. The latest project today was to
uninstall FreeNX and to get NX Free Edition installed on a server. My
manager also wanted to limit the copy-paste buffer to 200 characters, so
that if someone were trying to steal code, it would be an extremely
frustrating undertaking (but couldn't they write a script?).

Anyway, I found out how to completely disallow copy/paste between the
client and the server (the admin-guide, section 10.9 says to edit the
/usr/NX/etc/server.cfg file EnableClipboard to = "none".

That's great, but my manager wants to be able to copy and paste, just
with a seriously restricted buffer.

Does anyone know of an option to do this? Maybe by limiting X11's
clipboard buffer or something?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

--
Best regards,
Daniel M. Head
E-mail: dan at dmhead.us

"/If we want to set our lives aright and find peace,
it is not the tolerant attitude of others that will do it for us.
It will come about, rather, by our learning how to show them compassion./"
- John Cassian