[PLUG] Shopping for Netbook to run Linux. What's your fav Netbook for Linux and why?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 04:37:06 UTC 2011

The 2 somewhat obvious choices are Asus Eeee pc and Acer Aspire One. Just
curious what other Netbooks people are running Linux on and what their
experience has been. I'll probably run my Linux of choice on it Sidux.
Unless there's a really compelling Netbook distro that I just must run
because it's just so awesome.

For my purposes, battery life, light weight, overall speed, durability and
the ability to upgrade at least the memory are the most important features.

Thank you in advance for your insights, stories, and recommendations.

Mike