[PLUG] Shopping for Netbook to run Linux. What's your fav Netbook for Linux and why?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sat Feb 5 15:55:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 08:37:06PM -0800, Mike Connors wrote:
> The 2 somewhat obvious choices are Asus Eeee pc and Acer Aspire One. Just
> curious what other Netbooks people are running Linux on and what their
> experience has been. I'll probably run my Linux of choice on it Sidux.

Not knowing what Sidux is I went a-googling.
Important News: sidux is dead, long live aptosid
http://sidux.com/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=616

As I am sure you are all aware, there have been interesting times for sidux recently.   The bad news is that the sidux
project is dead.   The good news is that aptosid has been aptly born like a phoenix from the ashes and will provide a
smooth upgrade for sidux systems.   In many ways nothing has changed but our name.
[snip]

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Trading kilograms for kilometers since 2003