[PLUG] Shopping for Netbook to run Linux. What's your fav Netbook for Linux and why?

Tony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 17:11:04 UTC 2011

On Friday 04 February 2011 20:37:06 Mike Connors wrote:
> The 2 somewhat obvious choices are Asus Eeee pc and Acer Aspire One. Just
> curious what other Netbooks people are running Linux on and what their
> experience has been. I'll probably run my Linux of choice on it Sidux.
> Unless there's a really compelling Netbook distro that I just must run
> because it's just so awesome.
>
> For my purposes, battery life, light weight, overall speed, durability and
> the ability to upgrade at least the memory are the most important features.
>
> Thank you in advance for your insights, stories, and recommendations.
>
> Mike

If I wanted a Netbook I would get a Starling Netbook from System76.  It has
Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition (Lucid Lynx) 32 Bit Linux installed on it. I
already have a laptop from System76. I got it last September and I have been
upgrading it every 6 months when new release of Ubuntu comes out. I have it
upgraded to 10.10 right now.

Tony

--
Anthony Schlemmer