[PLUG] GoogleEarth Guru Here?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 7 19:42:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Daniel Hedlund wrote:

> The coordinates in the placemark represent the currently focused position.
> Not even sure why the fields are editable as it doesn't refocus the
> window. The actual coordinates the placemark uses for focusing the view
> is whatever is in the "View" tab. Unfortunately this doesn't understand
> UTM coordinates, even if you change it in your settings.

Daniel,

   Ah so. I was going by the forum threads. Either I mis-read them or the
answers weren't correct.

> You can get what you're looking for by entering the following into the
> "Fly To" field in the main part of the interface and the creating a
> new placemark from that:
> 11S 557018 4411377

   That was the only syntax I didn't try.

Thanks very much,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   The Plain English Science Consultant
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |   Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures