[PLUG] LibreOffice - Worth the trouble?

Fernando Freire freire14 at up.edu
Thu Feb 10 16:19:28 UTC 2011

Dick,

In my brief experience Libre Office has proved visibly quicker and more
responsive than OpenOffice.org. I've also read that since splitting from
Oracle, interoperability between Libre and MS Office has improved, although
I'm not sure if that extends as far back as '97! If you enjoy the old Excel
style, and assuming you are using gnome, you could try Gnumeric which has a
similar interface to the old Excel style and comparable features.

~Fernando Freire