[PLUG] DSL Provider Recommendations Sought

Larry T holgate17 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 22:31:32 UTC 2011

At our office (50th & Division) we were on the outer end of copper reach
from the Belmont switch.  We recently switched to comcast business and our
DSL on that is very good.    At home (Near Univ of PDX) I had comcast and
switched to CLEAR.    They have improved the signal strength and stability
greatly in the last year.   I like it a lot as well as the fact that you can
get a USB Portable modem for $5/mo. and it also works well at most Portland
areas.   The office on NE Broadway has a pretty accurate map that shows
antenna locations.  We did move the home modem upstairs to get a little
better signal shortly after we got it, but the "n" wi-fi has worked very
well with it also.