[PLUG] Internet addictions and technology

wes plug at the-wes.com
Tue Feb 15 14:41:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:28 AM, MJang <mike at linuxexam.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 00:11 -0800, Robert Munro wrote:
> >
> > This probably belongs on Plug-talk, but I'll reply to you one time here.
>
> This isn't the first time Michael Robinson has had trouble following the
> rules here. I gather the trouble with this user has gone back to 2004.
> It appears to be a recurrent addiction of his.

Michael Robinson is certainly a handful, among other things, but one thing
he is not, is a troll. The sooner you (and everyone) stop engaging him, the
sooner he will stop feeling the need to defend himself.

> He received what I thought was a final warning back in November of 2009,
> ref http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2009-November/066046.html

Keith, while a highly respected member of the PLUG community, is no more in
charge here than you or I. Anyway, this is irrelevant under the
circumstances: it was not Michael who took this thread off-topic, he merely
chose to respond to replies in the same forum which they were posted.
Considering that the replies he is responding to could be seen as a
challenge to his beliefs, it was necessary (from his perspective) to meet
that challenge in front of the same audience which they were presented.

As such, I suggest that it is all our collective responsibility to either
make these challenges via plug-talk, or keep them to ourselves. I realize I
have just violated my own suggested responsibility by posted this to the
main PLUG list.... well, nobody's perfect :)

-wes