[PLUG] Qwest the Qwerst.

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Feb 18 19:33:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 14:52 -0800, Ken Stephens wrote:
> Looks like Qwest has blocked outgoing port 25 so if you are not sending
>   email (;-)), change your outgoing mail port to 587, at least if you
> are going to aracnet/spiritone mail servers.  YMMV with other ISPs.

QWest blocks port 25 if you use dhcp.

If you have a fixed IP address you can turn off port 25 blocking by
going to qwest.net and change the settings for your account.

One other problem you may have is that your outgoing address needs to
resolve correctly for your domain. (I had this problem. The CentOS
version of Postfix kept setting my domain as
"localhost.clueserver.org".) Look at the masquerade rules to fix this.