[PLUG] programs run at logon

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sat Feb 19 00:00:43 UTC 2011

There is a set of directories in Ubuntu in /etc/rc*.d
Each of these refer to different states and different levels of running the
system.

If you want to add something, you probably want to put it into /etc/rc.local

You also have a choice to do this at the login level and to have it startup
when you run a shell, in which case you would put it into your home
directory in a .rc file for your shell. This is best if you are running
something you want set for command line services. As opposed to system or
GUI services.