[PLUG] Clinic!!

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 21:36:37 UTC 2011

As a special added attraction for tomorrow's Clinic we will have a
Canon LiDE 30 scanner to dissect.

I purchased this scanner new several years ago and it worked well for
the occasional use I gave it. However, it recently developed a problem
where it scans only the left side of a page. The other side of the page
comes out solid black. I suspect a hardware failure, but it could be as
simple as a loose wire. I plan to take it apart at the Clinic. If we
do succeed in repairing it I will be happy. If it's not repairable, no
loss, and we will have gained some knowledge of how scanners work.